Course is targeted at learners who are interested in learning and understanding data science and what big data is all about in sufficient depth and breadth. The course will provide an overview of how to pose meaningful data analytics problems for real-life applications. At the end of the course, participants will develop a structured thinking approach to transition from data to data science problem definitions and also learn to address challenges in handling Big Data.
• Introduce the participants to Python an easy to use tool for high level data analytics
• Introduce the participants to a comprehensive overview of linear algebra, statistics and optimization concepts critical concepts for the understanding of data science
• Introduce the participants to in-depth explanation of data science algorithms supported by hands-on work in Python from an application viewpoint
• Introduce participants to visualization
• Introduce the participants to the field of Big Data background and key concepts
• Introduce the participants to real-life applications of data science a case study approach.
(inclusive of tax)
For Indian Participants - Graduates or Diploma Holders (10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
For International Participants - Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
Basic understanding of technology, networks and security, while not mandatory, will be an added advantage.
Successful completion of Basic is a pre-requisite
From 25/10/2020 to 10/04/2021
Certificate of Completion by IIT-MADRAS
- Prof. Raghunathan Rangaswamy and Prof. Shankar Narasimhan, IITM
Basics Of Linear Algebra
Basics Of Optimization
Big Data Frameworks Apache Spark
Terms & Conditions
1. Please read through the PDD documents carefully and convince yourself about your abilities to complete the course before deciding to join the course and pay the fees. We also recommend you to visit the FAQ page of Digital Skills Academy website, regarding the details including program definition, certification, refund policies, etc.
2. The course dates proposed in the website are tentative and due to uncertainties due to Covid Pandemic & related lockdowns, there are likely delays. Digital Skills Academy (DSA) & FISST shall have the option to postpone/ reschedule or cancel a Course, if requisite numbers of students have not enrolled/ registered for the Course or for any other reason including non-academic and academic reasons. In such case of delays, as per institute policy, no refund of fees paid will be applicable.
3. The course contents proposed by faculty and the order of delivery can change, as per the latest evolution of new technologies/incidents or methodologies to keep the course contemporary. Overall, DSA & FISST will attempt to keep the proposed structure/delivery order the same and inform the students in the class, if there are any changes needed.
4. After successful completion of BTCUBE, Course delivery faculty/coordinator or DSA or FISST have rights to screen the candidates on the suitability by conducting the screening test/discussions before admission to any specialization and in case the students are not found suitable, such a decision by concerned faculty/coordinator will prevail always.
5. All candidates enrolled must fulfill the academic requirements specified and shared by the course faculty/coordinator in order to be issued the certificate by IIT-Madras. In case candidates do not meet the academic requirements, they will not be issued any certificate from IIT-M.